ABOUT THE TOUR
Come and experience the pleasures of mountain biking as we take you on an exciting and wondrous journey through the scenic locales of Himachal Pradesh.
On this adrenalin-pumping bike ride, you will enjoy some pure biking fun as we explore the mesmerising terrains of Kinnaur, ride along the beautiful River Chandra, pass through numerous quaint villages and make our way towards the breathtaking Spiti Valley.
Also known as ‘The Middle Land’, Spiti Valley is a beautiful mountain valley in the Himalayas, standing between India and Tibet in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
There is a whole lot of adventure, stunning natural beauty and socio-cultural experiences awaiting you. The fresh mountain air beckons.
Glimpse of Expedition
- Highest altitude achieved – Kunzum Pass (4590m)
- World Highest Village: Komic (4587m)
- Riding Level: Strenuous
*****Operational period – July to October’2018*****
Day 01: DELHI MANALI BY OVERNIGHT VOLVO
- Journey begins from Delhi to Manali, overnight on board.
Day 02: ARRIVE AT MANALI HILL STATION
- On reaching Manali, you will be taken to the hotel where you will get some time for rest.
- After receiving a brief introduction about the upcoming journey, it is now time to acclimatize to the atmosphere and surrounding regions.
- Let’s get on and set out on an exploration of the tranquil scenic beauty of the Kullu
- The evening sees us returning to the hotel for a restful overnight stay.
Day 03: MANALI BANJAR VALLEY JIBHI (APPROX 130 KM/03 – 04 HRS RIDE)
- Breakfast completed, we start our ride towards Banjar Valley, crossing villages such as Naggar, Kais and Bhuntar.
- On our way to Jalori Pass, we will undertake an upward ride, lasting over an hour.
- Riding along the river, we move towards Jibhi, a picturesque Himalayan hamlet, located just below the Jalori Pass.
- At Jibhi, we will complete check-in formalities at the hotel, followed by lunch and some rest.
- Next, we will set out on foot to discover the beautiful region.
- On return, we will spend a leisurely evening and turn in for the night.
Day 04: JIBHI SARAHAN (APPROX 125 KM / 05 TO 06 HRS RIDE)
- After finishing breakfast, it is time to proceed from Jibhi, riding over Jalori and making our way towards Sarahan (Baspa Valley) – counted among the most stunning valleys in all of Himachal.
- As we pass through the scenic outer Siraj Valley and villages like Rampur.
- By early evening, we will reach Sarahan and check-in at the hotel.
- After a little rest, it is time to pay a visit to the oldest and architecturally inspiring Bhimakali temple.
- Next stop is the Sarahan Bazaar and village visit. We will spend a leisurely evening and turn in for the night.
Day 05: SARAHAN KALPA (APPROX 105 KM / 04 – 05 HRS RIDE)
- As day 4 dawns, we will bid goodbye to Sarahan and proceed to Kalpa in district Kinnaur, Today you will be on the legendary Hindustan-Tibet highway along the Sutlej River, Wangtu and Karchham, be prepared to be mesmerized by the fascinating mountain views.
- Kalpa is principle town of Golden apple in the Kinnaur district. From the town you will see a spectaclure view of sacred Mountain **Kinner Kailash**
Day 06: KALPA NAKO TABO (APPROX 170 KMS / 05 – 06 HRS RIDE)
- After breakfast heading to Tabo, During this amazing ride, you will get the opportunity to explore and appreciate village life at Riiba, Jangi and Pooh villages
- That’s not all. An enchanting experience awaits you as we make our way to the point where River Spiti and River Satluj meet.
- Next, we will visit the pretty and unspoiled town of Nako with charming lake
- Continue ride to Tabo, a little hamlet of middle land, check-in at the hotel.
- Visit the famous Tabo monastery. Good night!
Day 07: TABO DHANKAR KAZA (APPROX 75 KM / 04 HRS RIDE)
- Moving forward on this bike tour, we will ride towards Kaza while stopping to admire the serenity of village life at the Shichling and Chhorden villages. Interestingly, these scenic villages are situated on the banks of a peaceful river.
- Next, we proceed towards Dhankar a unexplored village of Spiti Valley.
- Continue ride to Kaza. On reaching, we will check in at a hotel.
Day 08: KEY MONASTERY LANGZA HIKKIM VILLAGE KAZA
- Morning sees us biking 14 km from Kaza towards Spiti Valley’s biggest monastery – the Key Monastery for a once in a lifetime spiritual experience. Situated on a hill top, this Tibetan Buddhist monastery dates back to several centuries and is credited as being a training center for the Lamas.
- Next, we will make a short stop at Langza village in Spiti Valley, and spend some memorable moments admiring the Gaya Peak (6000 m).
- Feeling peaceful and relaxed, we will move towards Hikkim village that is located at a height of 14,270 feet above sea level.
- As evening falls, we will return to Kaza and turn in for the night.
Day 09: KAZA CHANDRATAL (95 KMS / APPROX 04 – 05 HRS RIDE)
- After a good night’s sleep and breakfast, we will begin our ride from Kaza towards the crescent shaped Chandra Tal Lake which is located at an altitude of 4,300 meters.
- On this route, we will pass by several villages of the Spiti Valley, namely Rangrik, Kito, Pangmo and Loser – proceeding towards Kunzun Pass. The majestic and awe-inspiring views of the Chandra Bhaga ranges are a sight for sore eyes!
- On reaching the Chandra Tal Lake, we will camp-site for overnight. Bank site of the lake is a magnificent experience, memories of which are guaranteed to stay with you forever.
Day 10: CHANDRATAL MANALI (APPROX 130 KM / 06 – 07 HRS RIDE) LAST DAY OF RIDING
- How quickly these 9 days have passed! On day 10, we return to Manali.
- After crossing Batal and Chota Dhara, we will stop at Chatru for some refreshments.
- As we continue our bike ride towards Manali, we will cross the famous Rohtang Pass which is about 51 km beyond Manali, on the eastern side of Pir Panjal Himalayan Range. Of course, a stop here is mandatory so you can admire the breathtaking scenery.
- On reaching Manali, we will check-in at a hotel and call it a night.
Day 11: MANALI DELHI BY OVERNIGHT VOLVO
- After a good night’s sleep, you can wake up to a leisurely morning.
- By noon, we will head to Volvo bus stand for return Journey to Delhi with fond memories of this super-adventurous and enjoyable biking experience!
Day 12: ARRIVE BACK IN DELHI – End of our Services
|Destination||Number of Nights||Hotel/Camp||Meal Plan|
|Manali||02||Hotel Tourist or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Jibhi||01||Dev Conifer or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Sarahan||01||Green Hotel or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Kalpa||01||Apple Pie or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Tabo||01||Tiger Den or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Kaza||02||Deyzor Hotel or similar||Breakfast + Dinner|
|Chandertal||01||Camp||Breakfast + Dinner|
|(Cost based on minimum 10 Full paying rider with Bike)|
|Cost Details||Price (Per Person-PP)|
|02 Friends – (Sharing one bike & room)||INR 30000 Per Person|
|Solo Rider – (Exclusive bike & sharing room)||INR 40000 Per Person|
|Supplement for 500cc (RE Standard)||INR 4500 Per Bike|
|Supplement for 411cc (RE Himalayan)||INR 5500 Per Bike|
|Single room supplement||INR 13500 Per single room|
|(Cost Without Bike)|
|Cost Details||Price (Per Person-PP)|
|02 Friends – (Sharing one bike & room)||INR 19000 PP|
|Solo Rider – (Exclusive bike & sharing room)||INR 23000 PP|
|Date of departure|
|Batch – I||30 Jun – 11 Jul’ 2018|
|Batch – II||25 Aug – 05 Sep’ 2018|
|Batch – III||08 Sep – 19 Sep’ 2018|
|Batch – IV||29 Sep – 10 Oct’ 2018|
|Batch – V||13 Oct – 24 Oct’ 2018|
THE ABOVE COST INCLUDED:
- Accommodation in mentioned or similar hotels on twin sharing basis. Check in/ out time is 12 noon
- Half board basis at places of stay (breakfast & dinner included)
- Volvo (semi-sleeper) ticket from Delhi – Manali – Delhi
- Transfer by Sumo/Qualis or other similar vehicle from Manali Volvo bus stand to hotel & back
- RE 350cc Classic Motorbike for per rider as per the above itinerary
- Fuel and engine oil are included in package cost for the entire tour
- Helmet for each rider/pillion (used one, not new)
- Basic spares for motorcycles (any damage in bike to be charged extra)
- Luggage van to carry luggage/fuel/spare parts and Mechanic
- Enfield Motorbike Mechanic for the entire tour
- Road caption with separate bike for the entire Expedition
- First aid kit (with all necessary medicine according to terrain) and Oxygen cylinder
- Innerline Permit and wildlife/Environmental entry fee
- Bonfire (once during the camping accommodation)
- T-Shirt for each participant
- Presently applicable taxes
THE ABOVE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Any air/ train fare
- Any bike damages (internal/external)
- Any travel insurance
- Security deposit (Inr 15000) refundable amount
- Any other expenses of personal nature like tips, portage, laundry, Phone call, any beverage
- Any other meal than not specified in the given itinerary
- Any item not specified under cost inclusions